“Helless” the Horror Protector – Final (W7)


“Helless” the Horror Protector -1 link:


The process of making Helless

First, Dana and I made the base helmet with paper mache. Making mock-ups of covers with cardboard and after that, we made them with 3D Printer. Calculate the position of servo motors and put them into a helmet. We bought a white fur coat from a vintage store and cut it to cover the helmet and make handles. And using flex sensors for controlling covers.




Inside of the Helles, we made a hole in the backside of it for organizing wires.
And also attached the head holder for comfort fitting when the user put there head in it. We add liquid crystal on the back of the Helles for counting seconds of how much time the user scared by the movie.


After all of these works, we keep testing the sensors but flex sensors are not working well, so we change it to press sensor. And we used 3 arduinos to control the Helless. However, after the presentation, we learned that there is a way to reduce the wires and arduinos. And also at the final, we use only one eye cover, because reducing wires and servo and also it has more aesthetic form.


Through this project, we learn many things. We use many tools for crafting such as 3D-printer, sewing machine, laser cutter, paper mache, and also acting and shooting for the video. Servos and sensors are not working well as we planned but these failures keep elevate our ideas to solve those problems. And the whole process of making Helles is full of joy. Dana and I enjoy these two weeks from brainstorming to final presentation.